Extend your conference participation’s impact on your teaching!
In this follow-up to your COFLT conference participation, work at your own pace to develop and implement new ideas based on your learning at the conference. You will create resources, lessons, units, or activities tailored to your students’ needs. Use your new learning in your teaching and make the most of your conference attendance!
There are three options: One quarter credit, two quarter credits, or three quarter credits.
Cost: $100 course fee plus $60 per credit
Registration open from September 16-October 31.
The COFLT conference is on October 9 and 10, 2015 (PCC Sylvania Campus)
Assignments are due via email by Monday, December 14 at 8 PM.
Final grades are published online on Wednesday, December 16.
- Register online:
One credit: $100 course fee plus $60 for one PSU graduate quarter credit, $160 total cost
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE ONE-CREDIT COURSE.
Two credits: $100 course fee plus $120 for two PSU graduate quarter credits, $220 total cost
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE TWO-CREDIT COURSE.
Three credits: $100 course fee plus $180 for three PSU graduate quarter credits, $280 total cost
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE THREE-CREDIT COURSE.
- Pay the $100 course fee through PayPal:
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO PAY YOUR COURSE FEE.
(Note: The PSU credit fee is billed later in the term, by PSU, through your Banweb account.)
- Prepare for PSU registration:
You will fill out your PSU paperwork at the conference. Prior to registration, you will need your PSU student ID number.
If you have attended PSU at any time in the past, your student ID will be the same number you used in the past. If you do not remember your ID number, please contact PSU. Contact information can be found by clicking here.
If you have never attended PSU in the past, you will need to obtain a PSU student ID number. This number can be used for any PSU professional development course in the future. The one-time application cost is $25. Please click here and scroll down to “Continuing Education Applicant” to apply for your PSU student ID. You will need to complete this step prior to registration.
- Receive your registration form, syllabus, and instructions. You will receive your PSU registration form, syllabus, and course instructions via email. You can also choose to fill out the registration form onsite at the COFLT conference.
- Attend the conference, learn a lot, and complete the follow-up assignments at your own pace. Please feel free to email the instructor, Tina Hargaden, at any time. Email tina (at) literacyeducationservices (dot) com.
- Submit your assignments by 8 PM on Monday, December 14. Assignments are submitted via email. We follow a “success-oriented” policy on grading your work. In the unlikely case that your assignments do not meet the criteria in the syllabus and instructions, you will receive an email from the instructor with instructions on how to modify your work to meet the course requirements. Our goal is to help you earn an A! Unsatisfactory work will be assigned a grade of “M” (missing grade) until it satisfies course requirements. If an extension is needed, please contact the instructor to work out a completion plan. Email tina (at) literacyeducationservices (dot) com.
- Print your unofficial transcript or order your official transcript through Banweb on Wednesday, December 16.
(Note: Many districts accept unofficial transcripts for salary advancement purposes; check with your HR department for information.)