CI 810: Spanish Language, Culture, and Pedagogy
In this follow-up to your experiences in Spain, work at your own pace to develop and implement new ideas based on your experiences at the workshop. Use your new learning in your teaching and maximize the impact of your participation!
Cost: $60 per credit, total $180
Summer Registration open until August 22.
Summer Assignments are due via email by Monday, September 12 at 8 PM.
Final grades are published online on Wednesday, September 14.
- Register online for the PSU credit:
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE THREE-CREDIT COURSE.
- Pay the $1298 workshop/activities/lodging/meals fee through PayPal (if you have not already done so).
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO PAY YOUR WORKSHOP FEE
(Note: The PSU credit fee is billed later in the term, by PSU, through your Banweb account.)
- Prepare for PSU registration:
Prior to registration, you will need your PSU student ID number.
If you have attended PSU at any time in the past, your student ID will be the same number you used in the past. If you do not remember your ID number, please contact PSU. Contact information can be found by clicking here.
If you have never attended PSU in the past, you will need to obtain a PSU student ID number. This number can be used for any PSU professional development course in the future. The one-time application cost is $25. Please click here and scroll down to “Continuing Education Applicant” to apply for your PSU student ID. You will need to complete this step prior to registration.
- Receive your registration form, syllabus, and instructions. You will receive your PSU registration form, syllabus, and course instructions via email. You can also choose to fill out the registration form onsite at the workshop.
- Have a great time in Spain, learn a lot, have some amazing experiences with your fellow teachers from the States and Spain, and complete the follow-up assignments at your own pace. Please feel free to email the instructor, Tina Hargaden, at any time. Email tina (at) literacyeducationservices (dot) com.
- Submit your assignments by 8 PM on Monday, September 14. Assignments are submitted via email. We follow a “success-oriented” policy on grading your work. In the unlikely case that your assignments do not meet the criteria in the syllabus and instructions, you will receive an email from the instructor with instructions on how to modify your work to meet the course requirements. Our goal is to help you earn an A! Unsatisfactory work will be assigned a grade of “M” (missing grade) until it satisfies course requirements. If an extension is needed, please contact the instructor to work out a completion plan. Email tina (at) literacyeducationservices (dot) com.
- Print your unofficial transcript or order your official transcript through Banweb on Wednesday, September 16.
(Note: Many districts accept unofficial transcripts for salary advancement purposes; check with your HR department for information.)